Return To Library
Optimize Ingredient Supply Chain for Chefs
Case Synopsis -
HUNGRY's business model is redefining the office food standard and disrupting the $50+ billion office catering market. By working directly with top chefs, HUNGRY saves companies an average of 33 percent when compared to traditional caterers. The platform's streamlined marketplace allows customers to effortlessly order chef-prepared meals with just a few clicks. HUNGRY delivers, on average, more than 40,000 meals per month to hungry businesspeople and, for every two meals sold, donates one meal to those in need. To date, the company has donated more than 265,000 meals and counting.
HUNGRY has been expanding into new markets, which means more clients and chefs in more cities around the world. A key metric they're beginning to track is the cost of every meal produced by their chefs, including the cost of ingredients, packaging, deliver, and chef time. A new priority for them is to try and help the chefs reduce the cost of ingredients so that they can improve both their margin and the margin for their chefs. Through a careful analysis of their current supply chain and chef resource planning process, HUNGRY is hoping that you as MBA Consultants will be able to provide recommendations when it comes to improving the cost of ingredients chefs need in order to produce food for their final customers.
HOST VENUE ADDRESS
- 1560 Wilson Blvd, Arlington, VA 22209, USA
- Appreciation for Food & Beverage market
- Understanding of B2B business model
- Understanding of online marketplaces
Sales & Business Development
- Students will become great operators.
- Students will gain supply chain and logistics planning skills.
- Students will understand how to analyze key cost implications (on a per-unit basis).
- Students will learn how to innovate, become great entrepreneurs and thrive in a start-up ecosystem.
There are no resources currently available
What is an #OpenCase?
A&S Viable Solutions’ #OpenCases are open innovation challenges designed to provide more schools and students with access to experiential learning opportunities.
Now, schools all around the world can use our old projects as Case Studies FOR FREE!